Friday, May 12, 2006

Ride Across Maryland

I'm just out of the shower. The GPS needs to be loaded with local maps after the trip to New York because the model I have only has 28 MBytes of memory. So I grab a bathrobe and head to the office so that it can be loading while I dress, but then I think to put a note here.

I could cook bacon and eggs for myself, before heading out. Having left the $$$ government job, and needing to get by on what my teaching at night and the motorcycle safety classes bring in, I should do that. But I know that this is too good an excuse to have breakfast at Daniels Biker Bar up in Elkridge, and that is what I will do. I hope I will be early enough to rub elbows with the good-ole-boys who don't have bikes but meet there for breakfast--the guy who teaches the labor union apprentices, the guy with the flag on his hat who planted the idea that I needed a flag on my bike even though I'm ashamed that we think courage means having to bomb poor Iraqi homes, I know the country is greater and that we will, by the grace of God, rise to a higher standard before we are done.

So, now I go to dress, having listened to Garrison Keillor's description of Katharine Hepburn who he says said, "If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun."

No comments: